Need some extra cash for a venture? Here are 8 ways to earn it.
Watch the video below:
Do you want to earn some extra money?
Maybe you want to raise extra money to start a business…
Maybe you want more money in your bank account at the end of the month, when all those bills are paid off…
Or maybe you tired of your current job, and want to pursue a new skill or career elsewhere.
Whatever the case may be, there are several jobs out there to help you raise some extra cash. Here are eight easy side-jobs that you can start today.
1) Resell items on Amazon
Many of us have items we no longer use or need. Why not sell them online for cash? In the ecommerce world, this is called retail arbitrage. And the way it works is simple.
In your house, gather any unwanted items, and find the price for each item on a websites like Amazon. If the item costs more than what you originally paid for it, you can list the item, and resell it for a profit.
Reselling items is an easy way to rid your home of unwanted items, while earning extra money at the same time.
You can even turn this into a full-fledged business.
The more sales you earn, you begin to learn which items are profitable to resell. With this knowledge, you can find the items, buy them at a low-cost, then resell them for a profit.
So rather than finding unwanted items at home, you now source cheap, popular items that are making a lot of sales.
You can usually source these items at garage sales, yard sales, thrift stores or in the clearance section at stores like Walmart.
Keep in mind, however, that you must be able to purchase your items for resale at a low (or wholesale) price. If not, you will not have an ample margin of profit and will not be able to keep your home business afloat.
2) Become a User Tester
Did you know you can be paid to test websites?
Sites like UserTesting provide jobs uploaded by businesses and developers that need their websites tested.
Best of all, you can do this job from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a working microphone on a computer and you’re all set. Here is how it works:
1) Pick a job, then take a short 2-4 survey to see if you qualify for it.
2) If you are qualified, you can start the job by using their screen capture recording software.
3) Read into your microphone the instructions you see on your screen.
4) And follow the instructions and talk into your microphone about your experience.
It’s a really simple task that pays well. For every five minute 10-15 minute job, you are paid $10-15. That’s more than what most jobs pay per hour.
3) Become a freelancer
Being a virtual assistant or freelancer is when you complete jobs remotely from home.
The benefits of freelancing is that you can do it from home, you can work your own hours, you can determine how much you want to charge for each job, and there are a wide range of jobs available online that you can apply to do.
Many sites offer freelancing services, where employees can post jobs (which may be one-off, short term or long term), and freelancers skilled in that area can ‘bid’ to be employed for that job.
Here are some tips for getting hired:
1. Fill out your profile as much as you can.
2. Include a portfolio.
3. Get reviews ASAP. A good idea is to get friends and family to hire you and leave reviews.
4) Become a Amazon Mechanical Turk
This is a website owned by Amazon.com that lets businesses, researchers, marketing firms and consumer focus groups post small jobs called ‘HITs’ which take 2-10 minutes to complete.
Most of the jobs here are short surveys, so if you want to get paid to take surveys, this is how to do it legitimately.
5) Become an Airbnb host
If you own a house or apartment, then you can make some extra money by becoming an Airbnb host.
Airbnb hosts will rent out their entire place (or a spare room), to people who require short-term accommodation.
Not every area is blessed with a nearby hotel or apartment. So a spare room or apartment can provide people with a temporary place to live, and also pay you at the same time!
Here are three tips you can follow to make more money as an Airbnb host.
- You don’t need a spare bedroom. Many people are happy to sleep on a couch, or even a blow-up bed!
- Get reviews ASAP. Without them, people won’t be comfortable to stay at your place. To shortcut this process, have friends or family to stay over and leave reviews.
- Clean your house and provide extra amenities. For example, soap, shampoo, and toothpaste. This is to ensure customers are well satisfied, and avoid any bad reviews.
If you have a spare room, or going on holiday, renting it out through Airbnb is an easy way to earn passive money (with little work required).
6) Become an Uber driver
Here are some tips for making money as an Uber or Lyft driver.
- Drive during surge pricing hours. These are between 8pm-2am from Friday to Sunday. Around this time, you can earn up to $30 an hour.
- Rent a car from Lyft. If you don’t own a car, or prefer not to use your own, you can rent one from Lyft for free. And if you drive 65+ trips in a week, the car becomes free!
- Drive with both Uber and Lyft. This will help maximize jobs you get and earn you more money in the long run.
These tips will help you maximise earnings, earn more jobs and save money on expenses at the start.
7) Become a tasker on TaskRabbit
With TaskRabbit, you can apply for jobs that need completing around your house or at an office.
These can be a simple jobs like cleaning, or more advanced jobs like assembling furniture.
‘Taskers’ (people who apply for jobs) can set their own rates, and when hired, can then go over to complete the job.
There a plenty of jobs available for you to try out, and the pay for each will vary. Some jobs can pay you as much as $80 per hour, while others will only pay you $20. The rate you earn usually depends your experience, as well as the nature of the job.
TaskRabbit, however, is not available in every city. This doesn’t really matter though, as you can still apply for online jobs like Data Entry, which don’t require your physical presence to complete.
So while TaskRabbit may not be available in your city, you can still earn money from it.
8) Become a paid blogger
If you are a writer (or an aspiring one), becoming a paid blogger is something may be interested in.
Platforms like Make a Living Writing have an extensive list of sites that will pay you between $50-250 to write articles for other websites. If you like writing, reach out to these sites and see if you can become a writer for them!
Are you ready to earn some extra cash?
In 2019, it’s easier than ever to find a side job. Having that extra cash gives you the option to seek more opportunities and upgrade your lifestyle in some way or the other. Best of all, with the methods outlined above, you start earning cash today!