Want more sales? Use these four proven tips to make more money from your Shopify AliExpress Dropshipping store.
Do you want to learn how to learn how to build a successful six-figure dropshipping store? CLICK HERE to join The Dropship Club!
Let’s face it: If you run a dropshipping store, sales are—and always will be—the lifeblood of your business.
No matter how professional your site looks, or how cool your logo is, if your store is not generating sales on a daily basis, trying to make your store look slick goes in vain.
Luckily, generating more sales is not rocket science, and with the four tips I’m about to reveal, you can start converting more customers and increase sales in your store in less than a week.
Ready to learn what they are?
Let’s dive right in!
Tip #1: Add Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Settings to Your Store
Data is an incredibly powerful tool in this day and age, it is one thing that can take your store to the next level. This is exactly what the Enhanced Google Analytics plugin allows you to see. In essence, it lets you make educated decisions on certain activity going on in your store.
For example, let’s say you are running ‘FREE – Just Pay Shipping’ promotion on a product in your store.
And through the power of accurate analytical data, you realise that your store has an unusually high number of cart abandonments at the shipping page.
With this data, you can take an educated guess that when the user comes to the cart page, and sees the shipping rate, they think that it is too high—then they bounce.
So, of course, what do you do? You lower your price.
With just a tiny observation, data shows you ‘hidden’ problems in your store that you probably didn’t even realise existed. And by making that simple tweak—lowering the price of shipping—can make a huge impact on your sales in the future.
That’s why the Enhanced Google Analytics plugin is an incredible tool to leverage in your Shopify store. It can give you insights that you never imagined. It can provide amazing benefits such as:
- Letting you track if a customer adds a product to their cart
- Letting you track what products a user clicks on
- Letting you track successful transactions.
…plus so much more. In essence, it lets you track a user as they move through the entire process on your AliExpress Shopify store.
Here is a quick run-through on how to set it up:
- After signing into the backend of your Shopify store, click Online Store > Preferences.
- Scroll down the page until you find the Google analytics box.
- On another tab, sign into your Google Analytics account (that you have already setup) and go to the Admin page. Click Tracking code.
- Highlight and copy this tracking code, then switch over to your Shopify store, and paste the same code into the Google Analytics account box. (Don’t forget to click save!)
- Scroll back down the page to the Google analytics box, and tick the check box in the image below.
- Now switch back to your Google analytics page; click the ‘back’ button to go back to your Google Analytics admin page, then click Ecommerce Settings.
- Then all you need to do is turn on all of these buttons as I have done here.
- Lastly, click Submit.
Tip #2: Be Smart, Not Greedy, When Pricing Your Upsells
Upsells are crucial for greatly increasing the Average Order Value (AOV) and the amount of money you generate from each of your customers…
…but at the same time, it can totally backfire if you charge too much.
Why? Well, let’s looks at an example that can help us put it into perspective. For a minute, I want you to imagine that you are cat lover who has stumbled upon an exciting ad on Facebook promoting cat coffee spoons for $9.95.
Of course you’re excited (remember, imagine) because you love cats, so you go to the store and add these spoons to your cart.
Upon checkout, you then get another offer promoted to you, this time for a cat coffee mug. (For those of you who are new to online selling, this is what’s known as the upsell!) But the price of the mug is $35 — more than 3x more the price of the spoons!
Honestly speaking, how would you react? Would you just say “Oh, $35, not bad,” and then add it along to your cart with the spoons…
…or would you just bounce? (Seriously? A mug for $35?)
This is how customers feel when you price your upsells higher than they should be.
You risk offending the customer and turning them off your upsell… or worse, you risk offending them so much that they bounce from the cart entirely and don’t buy anything from you, costing you potential sales.
To avoid this happening, here are some guidelines to follow when you are pricing your upsells.
1) Your first upsell should cost no more than 2x the price of the first item they purchase. So if the first item costs $9.95, your upsell should be priced no more than $19.95.
2) Your second upsell should cost no more than double the price of the first upsell. So if the first upsell costs $19.95, then the second upsell should cost no more than $39.95.
Another important guideline is to not add too many upsells. Customers are not stupid, so sending them down a path of endless offers makes them feel as if you’re simply trying to milk money out of them.
As a benchmark, just stick to using a maximum of two upsells.
Tip #3: Use Proven Copywriting Techniques to Increase Your Sales
The RIGHT copy, one that teases a customer’s emotional hot buttons, plays an integral part in you being able to make a sale.
Most often, however, dropshippers only do the bare minimum.
They write what I like to call ‘lazy’ copy: only writing the features of a product. And while features may seem important to note, people honestly do not care about them.
What people REALLY care about are the benefits.
To understand this, simply try this small exercise with me. First, I want you to take a look at both of the product descriptions used to sell a foam roller.
A: “12.75 inches x 5.25 inch diameter, lightweight rugged core EVA massage roller with triple grid massage zones”
B: “NO MORE aching in your legs after the gym! This foam roller almost INSTANTLY alleviates the pain you feel after exercise — freeing your legs (and mind!) from muscle soreness.”
Now I want you to ask yourself: which description here would urge you to buy the foam roller? Is it description A or B?
The majority of people would say B. Why? , this description is much more compelling and exciting! (Imagine reading that after crushing your legs on leg day — of course you’re going to want this.)
When you focus more on how a product will benefit someone’s life, rather than just noting down its features, people will become more drawn to purchasing your product because YOUR words allow them to mentally visualize how your product can solve their problem…
…and this a very, VERY powerful trick that top marketers use when trying to sell you something.
With that being said, here are 3 things to keep in mind when writing good copy for your products:
1) Sell the benefits, NOT the features. As I just demonstrated, you need to explain how this product is going to benefit and improve the customer’s life.
2) Use powerful words in your product page. Use words that evoke emotions and feelings. For example, if you want to create scarcity, use words and phrases like “never again,” “running out,” and “while they last.”
3) Remember, the headline is EXTREMELY important. Most people make the mistake of making the headline just the name of whatever product they are selling. This works, but what works even BETTER is to craft a unique, high-converting headline by utilizing powerful words to evoke emotions in the customer.
With these three tips, writing copy becomes a science rather than an art, and when it is done right, it can easily help you quickly craft a description that makes customers want to buy.
With that being said, where can you find ideas to draw inspiration from?
Tip #4: Use Amazon.com to Help You Write Your Product Pages
Something I’ve noticed, and this applies to me as well, is that dropshippers are often very good with numbers … and less good when it comes to words.
Our strengths lie in analyzing data, not in writing copy — and that is okay! Remember that when it comes to dropshipping, you don’t need to completely reinvent the wheel. You can look at what others are doing and draw upon it for inspiration.
Amazon.com is a great place to do this, as a lot of people are (foolishly) dropshipping AliExpress products on the site. You can simply go to their listings and use them for inspiration when writing your own.
And a bonus tip, don’t just look at the product listing. Go into the reviews and see what customers like about the product, and use that to help you write your description.
For example, under this listing of a foam roller on Amazon, we can see a verified customer described the product as “it feels to so good and hits the right spots.”
BOOM! We can use this for our own copy. With a few tweaks to make it sound a little more enticing, we can cook up a new compelling description.
“Built with ‘finger like’ 3D massage zones to deep massage tired muscle tissue. This foam roller never fails to hit the RIGHT spot.”
How did that sound?
Do you see how I used the reviewers own words in my own copy? This is important because the underlying layer of these words is the feeling or desire they invoke. If you’ve received a professional massage, you know how it relieving it feels when they hit the exact spot that’s been causing you pain. And so using the right words help to trigger the emotion linked with it.
EXTRA TIP: When writing your descriptions, keep in mind that pain is a far bigger motivator than pleasure. So a good idea is to emphasize how your product removes a pain they may currently experience.
The Bottom Line
The health of your store is measured by the sales you are able to generate. If you ignore the biggest factor in making your store successful… if you don’t actively work on increasing sales… sooner or later, your business will suffer as a result.
Start using these four actionable tips you have learnt today to make more money, increase your sales, and boost conversions!
Learning how to make sales is only part of building a successful Ecommerce store, though. And that is why I’d like to leave you with a free gift…
Six steps to building a six-figure Dropship Store
In this eBook, I’ve included:
- How just one “winning item” can earn $10k/month. Yep. A lot of people don’t realize this… but most stores make the majority of their money from just a handful of items!
- The right way to choose AliExpress suppliers. Picking the right AliExpress dropshipper is crucial to drastically reduce things like refunds. Learn how to pick the right suppliers.
- Why long shipping times DON’T matter. A lot of people are scared to start Dropshipping because of “long” shipping times. You’ll learn why this doesn’t matter inside.
- Why six-figure stores take ONLY two hours a day to manage. You’ll learn how they utilize apps like Oberlo to make their stores semi-automated… making managing orders super simple!